3 Days (2 days Classroom and 1-day Online Test)
- IADC Wellsharp (Introductory) course is designed for delegates "working in roles which may directly contribute to the creation, detection or control of a well influx" (P.9, IOGP Report 476).
- This course is also designed to give potential well control certification candidates an awareness on well control Theory, Practices and Equipment as a preparation prior to taking Driller/Fundamental or Supervisor level training.
- The delegates who have little or no industry experience and require a greater depth of theoretical and practical knowledge in achieving a better understanding of drilling equipment, drilling practices and the common problems associated with drilling operations can also attend this introductory course.
Positions suited to Drilling Level 2 training:
- BOP/Surface/Subsea Engineer, Dynamic Positioning (DP) Operator and LMRP Engineer
- Drilling Contractor Wellsite Rig Engineer
- Assistant to Wellsite Supervisor or Wellsite Drilling Engineer
- Wellsite and office-based Operations Geologist
- Barge Engineer etc.
The aim of this course is to provide a basic understanding of features of drilling a well and the fundamental principles involved in maintaining well control.
- The course is delivered through interactive lectures, presentations, classroom study book, handouts, assignments; exercises etc.
- There will be online test of 1 ½ hours which cover Equipment and Principles & Procedures.
- Successful completion of the course and examination will result in IADC Wellsharp – Introductory Level certification with 5 years validity.
- Consequences of Blow Out
- Rig Math
- Concept of Pressures
- U-Tube, Top Hole Drilling & Shallow Gas
- Drilling fluids & Solid Control Equipment’s
- Well Barriers, Inflow Test & Systematic Risk
- Kick Indications & Shut-in Procedures
- Well Killing Methods
- Unusual situations in well Control
- Blow out prevention equipment & Accessories
- Well control Glossary, Conversion Factors etc.
IADC Wellsharp-Introductory Level Training certification program examination consists of a “Online Knowledge Assessment Test” conducted on the last day of the course. A participant has to score minimum of 70% to qualify for the IADC certificate valid for five years.